Sunday, December 13, 2009

Mon Dec 14, 2009


Shaye Areheart - VP & Publisher of Harmony Books
She worked with Michael for 4 years on this project, traveled with him and saw a side of Michael that most never saw.
SHAYE AREHEART was, along with Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Michael Jackson's original editor. With original Foreword by Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, a new Introduction by Motown founder Berry Gordy, and an Afterword by Michael Jackson's editor and publisher, Shaye Areheart. "I've always wanted to be able to tell stories, you know, stories that came from my soul. I'd like to sit by a fire and tell people stories – make them see pictures, make them cry and laugh, take them anywhere emotionally with something as deceptively simple as words. I'd like to tell tales to move their souls and transform them. I've always wanted to be able to do that. Imagine how the great writers must feel, knowing they have that power. I sometimes feel I could do it. It's something I'd like to develop. In a way, songwriting uses the same skills, creates the emotional highs and lows, but the story is a sketch. It's quicksilver. There are very few books written on the art of storytelling, how to grip listeners, how to get a group of people together and amuse them. No costumes, no makeup, no nothing, just you and your voice, and your powerful ability to take them anywhere, to transform their lives, if only for minutes." –Michael Jackson, in Moonwalk

 



Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. Get it now.